Thursday, September 28, 2006

Praise God for Christian schools!

I just have to say that as I am now in the depths of a class at a secular (and rather liberal) institution, that I appreciate as I never have before the chance to learn in an environment that is not hostile to Christianity. There's a lot of pressure that comes with being the only one who is willing to stand up and say that the favored world-view of a class and/or teacher isn't necessarily the right or even the best way to look at life, and I am so glad that I did not have to fight through all of my high school and college classes the way I'm fighting through this class!

1 comment:

mel said...

Amen.

Fortunately, I don't really have to face that issue in my classes (at least not yet--world-views aren't as much of an issue in accounting as they are in other areas), but even just attending a secular school for the first time is a bit of culture shock.