Thursday, September 21, 2006

Falling

It was chilly on the way to work this morning. The air had that extra little bit of edge that foretells the end of lush green days and the beginning of nights cool enough to spend with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book.

It was a happy realization. It made me remember how nice it was to snuggle up with my newly acquired hubby on the first cold day after we were married. It's nice to know, going into this winter, that I won't be enduring the cold on my own. I got out my terrycloth robe (that I originally bought for Chris) last night, and we snuggled and watch a little TV. Nice and cozy.

Our new living room is all cleaned up now, and we're starting to feel settled in. We can generally find what we're looking for, and soon we'll get all the books out of their boxes and line them up on the shelves. That's Chris's project; he enjoys organizing them just so. He didn't work in the library for nothing. :-)

Life is happy in our little town house, and we thank God for all of His blessings.

1 comment:

Becca said...

While you're cozily snuggling, I have a book recommendation for you. Read a collection of interwoven short stories called Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan if you haven't already (or even if you have). I read them a while ago, but just reread one that appeared (oddly enough) in my Family Law book. It occurred to me that you would probably love them as much as I do. One story at a time won't take you long, and they are so so beautiful.