Friday, June 15, 2007

May I recommend....?

While I'm gathering together my pictures and whatnot, may I recommend taking a little field trip over to the True Womanhood blog? There's an exceptionally interesting discussion going on regarding a documentary and book put out by Ana Sophia and Elizabeth Botkin. Gentlemen, this discussion is quite germane to you as well since the Botkin sisters are trying to "reclaim" the father/daughter relationship. There are a lot of posts, but it's well worth reading through. This is scary stuff.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Wow. That's really really interesting. I'm all about living how you believe God is leading you and women being women and all, but yeah, I'm with you on being edgy about staying at home until marriage being THE biblical model. The commenters at the other blog make some good points: (1) What is a grown daughter at home supposed to do to "serve" her father, and (2) why are teenagers suddenly lifestyle experts. I remember reading books like "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" and thinking they sounded like they were written by newlyweds or unmarried folks my age who were still feeling things out for themselves. They may be right, but I want to hear if from someone past the delirious "it worked for me!" stage.